Step 1 -- Complete Application on College Website
- Counselor Handout - Can I afford college?
- Counselor Handout - College Month fee waiver codes and free applications
- Counselor Handout - Local Apprenticeships
- Counselor Handout - MCC Certificate & Degree Program Options
- Counselor Handout - Apply to Macomb Community College
- Counselor Handout - Michigan Hot 50 Jobs through 2026
- Go to a College Fair
- Finding Your College Fit - Big Future by College Board
- Is College Worth It?
- Do you qualify for an application fee waiver? Talk to your counselor!
- Directions for after completing an application
- Writing an application essay or personal statement
Step 2 -- Send Transcript to College
- Send transcript electronically from www.parchment.com
Step 3 -- Send Test Scores to College
Step 4 -- Pay for College
- Counselor Handout - What is Financial Aid?
- Counselor Handout - FAFSA Completion Instructions
- Counselor Handout - Michigan College Merit Scholarships
- Learn about the different types of financial aid at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/
- Financial Aid Myths
- Create your financial aid application ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov
- Begin your free application for federal student aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.gov/
- What's the difference between a "dependent" student and an "independent" student?
- Begin your scholarship search
- Get MI Degree - Michigan Association of State Universities
- GI Bill Information - Education Benefits Eligibility
Requesting a Letter of Recommendation
- Choose someone who has a detailed understanding of your accomplishments, like a coach, teacher, or mentor
- Make sure to ask at least three weeks before you need the letter
- Ask nicely, and provide your recommender with information (see the guide below for help)
- Follow up if the deadline is approaching and you haven't heard back from your recommender
- Say ‘Thank you’ – It is classy and professional to say thanks to whoever writes letters of recommendation for you! Your recommender probably spent 30 minutes to an hour on your recommendation, so the least you can do is send a thank you note.
SAT Testing Resources - Click Here